The primary responsibility of a Machinist is to make the highest quality parts at the lowest cost by using the most efficient and cost effective techniques available. To do so, the machinist must ensure that all manufactured items are made to print and adhere to MTH quality standards. In conjunction with standard production requirements, machinist is responsible for maintaining production schedule in order to meet customer delivery dates.
Education & Training:
- Requirement of 3 years to 5 years CNC machining experience minimum with preference given to those with multi-axis programming experience or experience with Mazak Integrex machine tools.
- MUST BE WILLING TO ATTEND ANNUAL TRAINING CLASSES to maintain up to date knowledge of control and machine operations.
- Possess a positive attitude for success in a team driven environment,
- Detail oriented,
- Good organizational skills,
- interest in understanding product specifications beyond those on the blueprint,
- interest in learning new skills,
- interest in continuous improvement of job processes.
- Must have strong attendance and on-time record and interest in furthering education to enhance skills.
- Candidate must have:
- Ability to read blue prints,
- Use various gauges for mechanical part inspection,
- Understand setup CNC mills and lathes,
- Math skills from basic thru simple trigonometry,
- Knowledge of G and M codes for CNC machines,
- Preferred - ability to write CNC programs
- CNC machinists must be able to study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Will be calculating and setting controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut
- Enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Maintain a minimum of 80% direct labor efficiency at all times.