The primary function of a Manufacturing Manager is to give his company a competitive market advantage through such disciplines as process improvements, cycle time reduction, manufacturing lead time reduction, quality improvements of the company’s products, training of the company’s personnel, and in conjunction with doing this, must lead the CNC machine shop in a highly motivated and productive environment that will allow the organization to meet customer demands and achieve our Mission Statement. Must establish and maintain a continuous on time criteria for all work orders. Initiate, develop, and implement corrective and preventive actions to address pumping products failing at final test. Support and maintain a two-week schedule for production.
Education & Training:
- Technical 4-year degree and/or 5-year machining and 2-year supervisory experience in a CNC machining operation
- Possess a positive attitude for success in a team driven environment
- Detail oriented
- Very high organizational and project management skills
- Excellent people management capability to build a cohesive team
- Good communication and writing skills,
- Understanding product specifications beyond those on the blueprint
- Interest in learning new skills
- Experience in continuous improvement of job processes
- Working knowledge of CNC programming and machined part processing skills
- Strong computer skills with database capability a plus
- Experience reading blue prints
- Ability to use various gauges for mechanical part inspection,
- Math skills from basic thru simple trigonometry,
- Knowledge of G and M codes for CNC machines,
- Ability to write and create CNC programs with a CAM software system (Esprit preferred)
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs,
- knowledge of resource planning tools such as ERP or MRP,
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work in an ISO 9001 quality system and knowledge of Lean and 6 Sigma techniques.
- Responsible for managing 1 – 2 shifts (~12 individuals) of CNC machinists in a factory of eleven state of the art CNC machine tools with robotic gantry loaders.
- Help develop and/or direct the development of CNC process improvements with advanced 4 and 5-axis programming techniques and tooling advancements,
- Direct and aid development of machined metal part setup sheets, process sheets, inspection sheets, fixture designs, and routers,
- Develop and drive quality and process improvement projects utilizing highly organized and documented planning techniques.
- Development of ISO9000 procedures and interfacing with Quality Manager on quality issues,
- Coordination of the preventive maintenance program with the help of the Building & Maintenance Manager
- Capacity planning and recommendation for purchase of additional equipment and machines
- Direction and capacity planning of Personnel resources and scheduling
- Perform personnel reviews and recommend training and development activities to enhance the capabilities of personnel
- Develop key metrics and reports to monitor individual and departmental performance to facilitate improvements.
- Take lead on quality improvement efforts within CNC dept.
- Maintain a two-week soft schedule
- Maintain a one-week firm schedule
Position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
Frequent contact and cooperation with:
- Production Scheduler
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager